How YOU can help grow Lebanon Youth Soccer and better our community!
JOIN OUR HEJA VOLUNTEER APP – https://heja.io/download/CV297800
Make sure to sign yourself up as the “player” not your child.
As we take a large step to grow our program, we will need help from everyone! If any of the below areas seem like something you would be interested in, please reach out to LYSA President, Damon Kries, at AskLYSA@lebanonyouthsoccer.com
- Coaches – We will ALWAYS need more coaches. If you have no coaching experience or soccer knowledge, we are here to help! We will continue to build up our coaching support and training for anyone interested. Coaching is about being there and supporting our players. You don’t have to be able to do a step-over to teach a step-over.
- Referees – Certified Ref numbers are at an all-time low. LYSA plans to help build a potential pool of future referees by offering an “unofficial” LYSA Ref course to help the coaches at the U7 and U9 levels run the games. The training will be free, refs will receive a free LYSA Referee shirt after completion, and we will pay for each game completed. Any and all are welcome to join our group of unofficial referees, but please consider getting your Referee Certifications so you can assist with the older age groups and get paid more money per game (pay varies).
- USSF has just created a new FREE program for Assistant Refs called the Guardians of the Game. There is a 13 minute webinar and a 10 question quiz to become certified. We ask that every able parent/guardian/sibling/etc. from U9-U19 complete this training.
- Sponsors – LYSA has a vision to be able to reduce the costs per player going forward, not increase. In order for that to become a reality, we need more local sponsors! Whether your restaurant wants to host a dine-in to donate day, your business wants to cut a check, or you want to volunteer your time or goods to our cause, we will make sure the community knows how much you mean to us and promote your business. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit and tax-exempt organization, every dollar we take in goes right back into our program and the community.
- Donations – Soccer should be affordable, and one of the biggest costs associated with our sport is cleats. If you have lightly used cleats, or even shin guards, that you no longer use, instead of letting them sit in your garage for another couple years, bring them out to the fields. Instead of having to purchase brand new cleats every year your player grows, bring in last years pair and we will do our best to match your player up with the next size up. Old soccer balls that still hold air taking up space? Bring those in too. We want to make sure every player has the gear they need to succeed. With your help, that can be a reality.
- Join a Committee – Do you have ideas for the program and some free time? Get more involved! We always need new people to get involved and help grow our program. Organizing events, creating flyers and social media graphics, helping with grants and other financing ideas, setting up the fields, etc., whatever your specialty is, let’s put it to good use. Click the link to send LYSA an email and tell us how you would like to help.