- Players in the U5 Academy meet once a week (Saturday mornings)
- Starting in 2023 we will offer “technical” training one day during the week for U5 as well.
- Players work on fun, simple activities to introduce core soccer skills (dribbling, shooting, etc)
- This age group will use a Size 3 ball
- Players in the U7 and U9 leagues are assigned to teams that will compete against other LYSA teams in the same age group
- All games are in Lebanon at Reese Park and no travel is involved
- All teams will be Co-Ed
- Each team will play approximately 6 games, with all scheduled games on Saturdays
- The end of season picnic (date tbd) will host fun games for the players, as well as food and trophies!
- Team Sizes
- U7 plays 4 v 4 (no keeper) – 10 minute quarters – Size 3 ball
- U9 plays 7 v 7 (6 + a keeper) – 25 minute halves – Size 4 ball
- Please be sure to also see the LYSA Basic Soccer Rules for all questions about play for this level
- Players in the U11, U13, U15, and U19 age ranges will be assigned to teams that play in the West Central Suburban Soccer Federation (WCSSF) Inter-Community league which has teams from Avon, Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Danville, etc.
- There will be travel involved, with half of the games played away and half in Lebanon at Reese Park
- All teams will be Co-Ed
- All players will play in every game for over half of the time. This is still a recreation league, players are here to get game time and improve their game. Winning is not key, creating good, confident players is.
- Each team will play EIGHT* games in a season PLUS a tournament at the end of the season!
- Team Sizes (Division info)
- U11 plays 7 vs. 7 (6 + a keeper) – 25 minute halves – Size 4 ball
- U13 plays 9 vs. 9 (8 + a keeper) – 30 minute halves – Size 4 ball
- U15 plays 11 vs. 11 (10 + a keeper) – 35 minute halves – Size 5 ball
- U19 (HS) plays 11 vs. 11 (10 + a keeper) – 40 minute halves – Size 5 ball
*WCSSF held a vote with the clubs involved for the 2023 spring season and have decided to reduce the season to eight games going forward.
We have had questions about what gear each age division will need. First, every player registered will get one jersey and one pair of soccer socks (for Spring Season only, Summer and Autumn will only come with shirts/jerseys). Everyone will need to get athletic shorts, and if desired, extra pairs of soccer socks. If your player wears glasses, they MUST have a strap on them for player safety. We also advise players do not wear jewelry of any kind (bracelets, necklaces, earrings, etc.) to the fields. This is for their safety as well as others around them. They will be asked to remove jewelry and we do not want anyone losing items at the fields.
U5 – We advise everyone have cleats and shin guards, but at this level there will not be any “competitive” play, so whatever your player is most comfortable in is best. It can be difficult to find shin guards that fit correctly at this age level as well, as you do not want the guards touching the player’s knee.
U7 and U9 – Cleats and shin guards are a requirement for player safety at this level. Make sure the shin guards do not reach your player’s knee for comfort/proper sizing.
U11 – U19 – Cleats and shin guards are a requirement for player safety at this level and will be checked by USSF Refs before each game (Spring only). Also, per league guidelines, black athletic shorts are preferred so teams are uniform. Make sure your player does not have a front toe cleat on their cleats. A front toe cleat is for baseball or American football, NOT for soccer.
As always, if you have ANY questions, please feel free to ask, either via email or in person.