Age groups are by BIRTH YEAR. e.g. for the 2022 season, if your child was born in 2016, then 2022-2016=6 so your child will play in the U7 league. 2022-2011=11 so the U11 league.
Spring Soccer – LYSA will create as many teams as needed depending on the number of players to sign up. Currently LYSA anticipates we will have the following options available each spring.
Spring Academy (Ages 4-5)
- Players in the U5 Academy meet once a week (Saturday mornings)
- Players work on fun, simple activities to introduce core soccer skills (dribbling, shooting, etc)
- This age group will use a Size 3 ball
Recreation (Rec) League (Ages 6-9)
- Players in the U7 and U9 leagues are assigned to teams that will compete against other LYSA teams in the same age group
- All games are in Lebanon and no travel is involved
- All teams will be Co-Ed
- Each team will play approximately 6 games, with all scheduled games on Saturdays
- Team Sizes
- U7 plays 4 v 4 (no keeper) – 10 minute quarters – Size 3 ball
- U9 plays 7 v 7 (6 + a keeper) – 25 minute halves – Size 4 ball
- Please be sure to also see the LYSA Basic Soccer Rules for all questions about play for this level
Inter-Community (Rec+) League (Ages 10-19)
- Players in the U11, U13, U15, and U19 age ranges will be assigned to teams that play in the West Central Suburban Soccer Federation (WCSSF) Inter-Community league which has teams from Avon, Brownsburg, Danville, etc.
- There will be travel involved, with half of the games played away and half in Lebanon at Reese Park
- All teams will be Co-Ed
- All players will play in every game for at least half of a game
- Each team will play approximately 10 games in a season PLUS a tournament at the end of the season!
- Team Sizes (Division info)
- U11 plays 7 vs. 7 (6 + a keeper) – 25 minute halves – Size 4 ball
- U13 plays 9 vs. 9 (8 + a keeper) – 30 minute halves – Size 4 ball
- U15 plays 11 vs. 11 (10 + a keeper) – 35 minute halves – Size 5 ball
- U19 (HS) plays 11 vs. 11 (10 + a keeper) – 40 minute halves – Size 5 ball
Autumn Academy – LYSA will not create “teams” for the Autumn Academy. The Academy will focus on basic core skills for each age group.
Autumn Academy (Ages 4-11)
- Age groups will be U5, U7, U9, and U11 for the Academy
- Players work on the basics of soccer and focus on education of the game
- This will be a six week program, Monday-Thursday practices, with Fridays as make-ups, and games on Saturdays
- U5 – Mondays
- U7 – Tuesdays
- U9 – Wednesdays
- U11 – Thursdays
- Autumn Academy is not just for kids, coaches will be receiving training as well.
- Coaches never stop learning the game either, make sure to take advantage of this coach training.